Monday, October 18, 2010

Sienna, San Gimignano, and Assisi

Last Saturday and Sunday we went to Sienn San Gimignano and Assisi...if you didn't read the title of the post. They were all gorgeous. They had wonderful architecture and great history.History that I was really interested in! In Sienna we saw the actual body of the most famous patron saint. They had a mask over her skull but it was her actual body. They also had her actual thumb in a separate case. A little strange but interesting. Also I would say Sienna's church was hands down the most beautiful I've seen in all of Italy. It was insane how pretty it was inside. In San Gimignano we ate at a place known to be the BEST gelato in the WORLD. Ehhh it was okay. I still like the one near my apartamento better.
In Assisi we saw The St. Francis basilica.We also saw the hair of St. Clare that she had cut off for religious purposes.Again a little strange...but interesting. All of these places were amazing!I really suggest everyone visit them! But until then, just enjoy the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment