Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The guys come to make us Italian dinner

A couple of days before we left for Fall Break, my roommate Chelsea invited her intercambio over, well he invited himself. He, and two other friends, came to make us a TRADITIONAL Italian meal. When they walked through the door, they came ready to go. One of them cracked his knuckles, and threw his apron on. You don't see this in America! They pulled out packages of different cheeses, meats, and fresh pasta. The three of them begin whipping up the best meal I might of ever had. They brought out five bottles of good wine, since all we've been getting is boxes. As they cooked, they had two of my roommates chopping up cheese and meat. Of course they complained about the waythey were cutting it. The food was ready in no time, and the men start serving us. (The way life shouldbe) The first course was the pasta. Now since I've been in Italy, I haven't tasted pasta that I've really loved. I actually kind of missed the pasta from my school cafeteria, but this one was AMAZING. It had spinach in it, and I couldn't tell you what else, but it was absolutely DELICIOSO! After that, they brought out this baked eggplant, with melted mozzarella cheese, and pasta sauce. You can pretty much guess how good this was. Then! The last course was a juicy roast beef. I have went to quite a few restaurants since I've been in Italy, and this was definitely the BEST food I'd had so far...well besides Gusta's pizza.After dinner we had a dessert drink. We dipped Biscotti (Great Italian cookies) in it, and it was definitely the cherry on top.
It was really nice getting to know some locals. They were really nice, and bubbly. One couldn't speak English, so we tried to speak in Italian...that didn't last long. They even taught us an Italian song, that we're supposed to sing before we drink our wine. "Brendizzino, La La La La!"
It was really fun! Oh and how I forget to mention the tray of appettizers covered in Salami, Prosciutto, and other meat. So good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment