Sunday, September 12, 2010

First Week of School-Monday

It’s Monday, and the first day of classes. I wake up at about ten, and get ready. I head to class, and stop at the cell phone shop on the way. I tell them the phone they had given me was broken, and they instantly give me a new one. Crappy place. I then head to class, in which I’m about thirty minutes early. When class starts, it’s only four of us. I expect more to arrive, but they don’t. The teacher comes, and she has so much personality! She’s from America, and she’s lived multiple places, but all I can remember is Connecticut. She said she’s lived in Florence nine years, and she fell in love with it after stopping at one of the Pizzeria’s and seeing how much fun they had. Later on she goes into how she also fell in love with a man, and had his child. She said they had been separated a couple of years, and may get back together. She also said she could never imagine moving back to America and taking his child away from him. Real personal, I know. We then all introduced ourselves, and what we wanted to do with Communications. Everyone was impressed by my Dr. Phil and Fox internships. One girl said “I feel intimidated, because you’ve done all this, and I still don’t know what I’m doing.” But honestly, I don’t completely know either. The class seemed pretty interesting, and it touched on a lot of corruption in the media. You now, things I love to learn about. After this class, I head to my other. It was Italian, and I loved this teacher as well. He was an older Italian guy, but I could tell he had soul. He came in playing Michael Jackson, The Temptations, etc., and I think he took a special liking to me. I’m really excited for this semester. I would say the only thing bad about this place is the graffitti....kind of reminds me of home though lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment