Friday, September 24, 2010

A sight to see

Ok so...let's begin...I haven't blogged in like two weeks...SHAME ON ME! But I'll write what I remember. The weekend before last, me and my two roommates went up to Piazzale Michelangelo! It was an AMAZING view! We sat up at the top of the hill and looked down over the city. I had already been, but this time we went at sunset, and took peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, plus a little wine in juice boxes (yes they have them) along with us. We sat on the stairs that the tourists from all over sit on, and just basked in the ambiance. A British couple sat next to us, and offered to take our picture. I always think it's extremely nice when people OFFER to take you picture. We were surrounded by couples, of course, because it's the city of love, and you can't walk anywhere without seeing two people staring each other in the eyes. It's so romantic, but a little annoying when you miss your own love. Anyway, we watched the sun go all the way down, and the city LIGHT up. The churches, the Duomo, and the Ponte Vecchio all were beautifully LIT...and honestly all I could think again was...I can't believe IM HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment