Sunday, September 12, 2010

First Week of School-Thursday

So Thursday is the day that I have two of my major classes. Magazine Writing and Social Media. Since I’ve already met the teacher for my Social Media class…did I mention she’s the coolest? I was really excited to meet my teacher for Magazine Writing. I get up and put on the new purple dress I got at H&M for ONLY ten euros, and my new leather boots that I bought at a store on one of the backstreets for cheaper than they would be in a tourist area. I talked the guy down to 27 euro, I tried to get them for 25, but they were originally 29. It was funny, because he was an Asian guy, and it reminded me to much of the stores at home, except for the fact that he spoke Italian. A bit confusing, but the point is, they have stores everywhere. So back to class. Me and Katie get there, excited for the first day, and the teacher is ten minutes late. She then comes in, looks at us, and says in an Italian accent, “Where are your computers?” Confused, all ten of us responded, “Computers? We were never told to bring computers.” “Well I was supposed to have a class with computers. I can’t teach without them.” Okayyy, I’m sure we all thought. She then left the room, came back and told us class was canceled. “We will have class one day next week, when we can get a room with computers.” A few of us questioned her changing the schedule, because we all have others classes at different times. “I will work something out, don’t worry”. This is an example of the Italian way of thinking. They are so carefree, and do things on their own time. As we walked down the street towards home to get back in bed, she walked behind us. I honestly think she just didn’t feel like teaching today. Later on I headed to my social media class with the wonderful Christi. This class will be awesome since majority of the time we’ll be tweeting and blogging which I LOVE to do. After class we head to the grocery store, and the American in me is kicking in. Did I mention the grocery store is right by my house, right near the beautiful river? Just thought I’d remind you. Anyways, I’m ashamed to say, but I begin to buy hamburger patties, fried chicken sticks, fried fish, and steaks. I’m getting just a tinyyy bit tired of pasta and pizza multiple times a day. Plus steak was only 3.50 euro, and it ended up tasting delicious. It also ended up being pork steak, but it worked. We spent the rest of the evening eating that, playing cards, and drinking wine. I would say this is the life. What about you?? This is what they mean when they talk about THE LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment