Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Friends Abroad

On Caleb's last day here, a couple of my other friends visited Italy as well. They're studying abroad in Spain, and since it's almost time for them to leave, they wanted to pass through Italy. It was a short visit, but we had a really good time! We walked around the city, and visited the main attraction in Italy, the Duomo. Now up until then I had only seen the outside, but Caleb informed me that entry was free! So we went in and it was BEAUTIFUL.
The ceilings and walls had extremely pretty designs, and there were candles in the middle that we each took turns lighting. We then left and went to visit the San Lorenzo market where they indulged in scarf buying. I'm telling you the scarves are so nice, and when someone in America asks you where'd you get your scarf from, you just say "Oh...Florence, Italy." They'll think you're fancy,when you only spent 5 euro. We also went to Piazzale Michelangelo. Caleb's second time that week, but I wont let anyone come here without seeing it.
It was also funny the Italian men seeing THREE Black women together! It was to much
for them to handle! AND these random girls from Serbia came up to us and asked if they can take a picture WITH us. We were a little confused but we did it. Just figured they had never seen black people up close and personal. I would say that they had a pretty good time, and yeaahh I'm a pretty good hostess :) Look at me showing off Italy like I live here.
Sidenote: I realized this was really my home when I started getting annoyed by tourists! I mean I know I've only been here awhile, but they're always in the way when I'm going to class, and I'm like I see this everyday, keep it moving!!...I kid I kid.

3 comments:

  1. I had a great time. Beautiful article. Keep giving the world what they need. GOOD STUFF!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niecy..ur too ffunny. The Serbian girls..LMBO for real. Did they ask if they could touch your skin too? Yes, you sound like u live there. Enjoi', enjoy, enjoe..but don't forget where your heart is!! jk, I'm sooo happy that you are having a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha it was so random Auntie Don! We were like okaayyy lol but thank you!!! I'm truly having a good time! You helped me get here and I love it!!! Love you too!!

    Thanks Caleb....I will definitely keep writing!

    ReplyDelete