Sunday, September 12, 2010

First Week of School-Tuesday

On Tuesday, I had no class. I woke up, made an egg, ham, and mozzarella cheese sandwich. I went back to sleep. When I woke up again. I headed to the book store. I bought my two Italian books, and a dictionary. I searched for another bookstore, my Mass Comm teacher told me to go to, but it was shut down. I also stopped to get some boots for the rain, and found some really cute ones. I headed back home. That evening we went in search of a festival that honored Mary. We headed to the Duomo which is a large church at the center of the city. We could not find the festival, but we just sat back for a while and enjoyed the scenario. We sat on the steps of the church, and watched. We watched fabulous Italian women as they passed in their high fashion. We watched the people eating at the nearby outdoor restaurants. We watched people pass by trying to sell things to tourists. We watched a group of youngings next to us with birthday hats on, celebrating, laughing, and speaking Italian. We imagined that one may have turned 16, and can finally drink. We then met up with one of Katie’s friends from Texas. She took us to her apartment. We stopped for Gelato on the way, and we were all disappointed, because it’s just not as good as the one near our place. We went up ten flights of stairs, and went in to her antique Italian home. It was huge, and very old in style. We went up to her balcony, and looked over at some old Italian buildings. The thing that stuck out to me the most, was two men having dinner on a balcony across the way. I have to talk to more Italians! It’s a must. I want the FULL experience. Each day I pick a few things up from Gucci on the way to class... A girl can dream...can't she...

No comments:

Post a Comment