Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Other Food Places

Of course Italy is known for it's food so the first thing Caleb wanted to do when he arrived is eat! I took him to this little cafe I had heard about. It was on top of a department store overlooking the city, and supposedly had really good prices. This was very true, but the person that told me about it left out the part about them having BAD SERVICE. We went and it was really nice, but no one was helping us. We waited awhile and the waiter never came. We walked inside, and he was counting his money. So of course, as Americans, we left.
We also went to get gelato, and sat on the beautiful bridge by my house. Yep that's what I pass everyday. Can't get over it.
NOTE : Italy's customer service is awful. There's no calling the manager or anything like that, you just take what you get. ESPECIALLY in restaurants. There's no tipping out here, because waiters get paid pretty good. Therefore, they pretty much don't care about your service. If you want the check, ask for it 30 minutes earlier. Seriously.
Another place that we tried, of course as Americans, is Tijuana. I LOVE Mexican food so I had to find a place, and I'm happy I did. This place is sooo good. I had the nachos and they were to die for. We went during happy hour, so we all got fragola margaritas at discounted price, and it was hands down the best I ever had. You might think I'm hyping this place up, but I promise the food iss delish. Of course we took pictures, so take a look. Caleb also bought me a rose from this guy passing by. I swear Florence is the place of Romance.

1 comment:

  1. Thats funny. You mentioned Tijuana for Americans. Coming out here it feels as if we were mexican too lol, Wonderful article.

    ReplyDelete